It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG 6.0.2 import project area fails with error CRRRW7553E

Andrew Clement (7271970) | asked Aug 21 '16, 10:02 p.m.
I am running DOORS Next Generation 6.0.2 on Websphere 8.5.5.9.
When I imported types from another project area to an empty project area, I got CRRRW7553E error.

I got the following in rm.log
2016-08-21 11:47:17,850 [              WebContainer : 6] ERROR g.server.services.types.copy.TypeSystemCopyService  - CRRRS1007E  A problem occurred in the Requirements Management (RM) server: Entry [915608aafcb4ccca]
com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.exception.RRSException: Internal errors during execution (Error list: CRJZS5991E workflow/attrtype/_aQc2UCFBEeaiqvLicd03XA/DefaultWorkflow is not a valid resource name)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered Aug 22 '16, 2:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In rm.log, the error mentions about "DefaultWorkflow".
Workflow is introduced in DOORS Next Generation 6.0.2 and the problem you experienced is a defect that is related to workflow.
This issue is not present in DOORS Next Generation 6.0.3.

There are two workarounds for DOORS Next Generation 6.0.2.

Workaround #1:
If you do not use Workflow, you can delete the DefaultWorkflow from the source project area.

Workaround #2:
We can do the following to workaround without deleting the DefaultWorkflow from the source project area.

1. Open the Default Workflow (Manage This Project Area > Requirements > Workflows)
2. Change the texts RRSTemplate.26 to Complete, change the texts RRSTemplate.27 to Create
3. Save
This will make this project "importable" to other projects.
You will need to do this to all source projects that you want to import.

To prevent new projects from being created with this issue, we will need to modify the templates.
- From https://[server]/rm/admin , navigate to the tab labeled "Templates"
- For any applicable templates listed here, click the button to "Export template"
- For the subsequently downloaded ZIP file, navigate through the structure until you find the file named "specification.xml"
- Within the specification.xml file, find the same faulty strings as before, and make the same modifications:
- Change "RRSTemplate.26" to "Complete"
- Change "RRSTemplate.27" to "Create"
- Re-zip the template with the appropriate changes. Ensure the directory structure matches the previously downloaded ZIP folder.
- Back in the browser, still in the Templates tab, click the button that says "Import Template"
- In the resulting dialog, click the "Choose File" button, find the file which you just updated, and click OK
- A prompt indicating "Duplicate ID" should pop up. Select the option to "Overwrite" existing template, and click OK.
Andrew Clement selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.