It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Could I export view in DNG with RPE in .pdf format with good quality of the product

Mario Matov (1529) | asked Aug 15 '18, 7:30 a.m.

Hello,

I am performing exports of view as it is described in the following link:

When I export an .htm file the result is ok - the .htm is looking exactly the same as the view in DNG. On other hand if I try to export in .pdf format or .doc format then the result is not ok. I get a document where the columns are very narrow. The text(content) is positioned horizontally but as the cells are very narrow it is spread on many rows of one cell and it doesn't looks good. Imagine a long word with 8 letters shown on 4 rows - 2 letters per row. This problem is applicable for every cell through the document. Can someone help me to export a good quality .pdf or .doc file which looks as its source(view in DNG)?

Thank you in advance!

One answer

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (919613) | answered Aug 15 '18, 9:46 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You should be able to use exported html and then convert is to pdf. This usually works with Chrome browser.

If you want to modify your export from DNG, you need use Rational Publishing Engine for which you would need licence.

Comments
Mario Matov commented Aug 15 '18, 10:12 a.m.

Hello Fariz,

I have just tried to convert from html to pdf and I succeeded. The problem is that I am loosing too much time in my case as I have 200 modules and if I have to go through all of them, then I will loose my mind. :) I didn't understand the part with the RPE. I exported the .htm with RPE so why should I need licence to export in .pdf? I have the tick for .pdf format but the result is not good when I tick it. I guess that you think that I didn't export the .htm file with RPE?

Fariz Saracevic commented Aug 15 '18, 12:23 p.m.

DNG comes packaged with RRDG which is RPE engine. This allows you to generate MS Word, PDF or html document but not to develop your own RPE templates. DNG provides a number of out of the box templates and it seems that what you have been using. If you want something to fit your need, besides what is available out of the box, you will need to develop your own RPE template. In that case, you would need either RPE lic. or contract someone to develop template for you. I suggest to contract someone as creating RPE templates is not simple.

Hopefully, this clarifies a bit why I stated you will need lic. for RPE. 

Mario Matov commented Aug 22 '18, 5:19 a.m.

Hello again Fariz,

Do you know someone I could contact which can help me to create template which will export PDF files with all columns visible in them?

Thank you in advance!

Fariz Saracevic commented Aug 22 '18, 10:06 a.m.

Hi Mario,

I suggest to contact http://www.softacus.com/en/. They should be able to help you or contact IBM Lab Services directly.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.