It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcel importer returning error 500 for Test Script

Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | asked Jul 20 '16, 9:36 a.m.
have a flat file with test case name, description, test case steps and expected results ... configuration file maps correctly ... loading from excel to repository :

Initializing.....
Reading Configuration File....
Getting artifacts from document - "test redwood WOW Test Cases.xls".....
Sending artifacts to https://clmweb.karen.com:9443/qm.....
Sending testscript 0 named test_redwood_WOW_Test_Cases_Test_Cycle_2_3_1.xml...
Error sending to server test_redwood_WOW_Test_Cases_Test_Cycle_2_3_1.xml of type testscript
The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
Sending testcase 1 named test_redwood_WOW_Test_Cases_Test_Cycle_2_3_1.xml...

Exporting completed with 1 failures!

if i remove contents of the scripts steps and expected result the file loads ... if I put just one word in the script step and expected result it fails ... .I have written this up in the WOW test cases sample file which loads perfectly with the sample data, but fails when I overkey it with my own data .... configuration file "untouched" .. I just can't see what the issue is ... and the log file says the same as the result returned on the system,

Comments
Lily Wang commented Jul 20 '16, 9:26 p.m.

Could you check if any error in qm.log?

2 answers

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | answered Jul 28 '16, 7:37 a.m.
The log indicated a post error .. that was it ... suggesting data .. but the data was flat.

I've since re-created a net new spreadsheet BUT saved it right off the bat as an *.xls file (old format) ... doing it this way it worked perfectly.  So it seems that if you have a xlsx field and use save as to create an XLS it still retains some formatting which messes up the import.

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Jul 21 '16, 11:40 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Karen,

I could do the simple test and found it is working, could you please check if logged in user have appropriate modify rights? 

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.