It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to rename Report Builder?

Jorge Alarcon (411022) | asked Jun 30 '16, 2:22 p.m.
Hi

I have a CLM 6.0 that is behind an IHS so that I don't have to use ports to connect to the applications, however report builder (JRS) was installed without the IHS and it is registered using port and I would like to have it registered without the port ( https://server/rs )

Is it possible to rename the application without loosing the reports nor affecting widgets on dashboards?
Regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jul 01 '16, 5:02 a.m.
Hello Jorge,

if you go to the server rename process you should maintain both the reports and the widgets on the dashboard as they are.
If you are fine in just keeping the reports and not the dashboard widget, you can export the reports, remove Report Builder from your CLM installation, add it again with the new URI, and import back the reports. This would avoid the server rename.

Best Regards
Francesco Chiossi
Jorge Alarcon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jorge Alarcon commented Jul 01 '16, 8:11 p.m.

If we try exporting / importing the reports, is there something else that could get messed up other than the widgets?

Also, do you know if there is a way to get a list of all project areas using JRS widgets?

Regards

Jorge Alarcon commented Jul 01 '16, 8:12 p.m.

If we try exporting / importing the reports, is there something else that could get messed up other than the widgets?

Also, do you know if there is a way to get a list of all project areas using JRS widgets?

Regards

Francesco Chiossi commented Jul 04 '16, 2:38 a.m.

Hello Jorge,

other than the widget I cannot think of anything else that could be impacted.

As for listing all the project areas with JRS widgets, as far as I know there's no way to do it.

Best Regards.
Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.