It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Invalid is currently set to "resolved" and is affecting my Velocity chart. how can i change it?

Daniel Flores Montanez (19813) | asked May 18 '16, 4:28 p.m.
When I make a query where status = resolved, I get Work Items set to Invalid in the report

I believe this is the reason "Invalid" work Items are being counted towards my velocity.

Is there anyway to change the "Resolved" category. 
Right now it includes statuses set to "Done" and "Invalid"
I want to take "Invalid" out. I have not seen a menu where this is possible. 

Does anyone have any input?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered May 19 '16, 1:42 a.m.
Hi, Daniel

I am not sure if "take "Invalid" out" means from your query result or not. When creating a query, you can set status as Resolved and Resolution as Done(exclude invalid) and it should only show those resolved as 'Done' work items.

If you mean Invalid should not be in the list of resolution, you need to go to ccm/admin > work item > workflow
and select the type of work item and then in the workflow, go to Actions section and edit "Resolutions" of 'Resolve'
and remove invalid there. You may need to change the state in order to change those existing resolution.
Given that 'Invalid' is actually one of the valid resolutions, I don't think removing 'invalid' from workflow is the best approach. It's better to create a proper query to filter the expected work items.
Thanks
Daniel Flores Montanez selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.