It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I add custom Cover Page text (document classification) in RDNG for Word export document style report

Daniel Senko (171311) | asked May 04 '16, 9:21 a.m.
In RDNG, when I create a document style report from a module, I can check "Mark Confidential" or add custom footer text "Document Classification XYZ" but in both cases, these are added to each page of the document in the footer and not to the Cover Page.

How do I add custom Cover Page text (document classification or other wording like Organization etc) in RDNG v5.0.2 (upgrading to V6.x later this year) for Word export document style report?

Yes, of course, it could be done manually after export but my user community is asking for RNDG option since post export word updates are to be minimized (I don't want to say forbidden).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered May 04 '16, 1:03 p.m.
In the RPE/RRDG template (.dta) that is used for document generation, there is a Master Page with Footer containing "Confidential" and footerText and this Master Page is assigned for all pages (outer most Container). Hence these are added to each page of the document.
There are couple of options to add custom cover page:
1. Edit the template (.dta) by adding another Master Page and assign it to the cover page. You may also use dynamic master page as explained in https://rpeactual.com/2014/02/21/new-in-1-2-1-dynamic-master-pages/
For this, you need to have RPE  Studio (with license)
2. Use a Word stylesheet with cover page. You may refer https://rpeactual.com/2014/07/23/use-word-stylesheets-and-run-macros-in-dng/
You need not have RPE for this.

Daniel Senko selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Daniel Senko commented May 05 '16, 9:18 a.m.

Thank you Subramanya.  Definitely helpful and maybe will help others too.

Ironically, we already have macros that we run locally after document creation to do a variety of clean up things (e.g. change font across the document, repeat table headers across pages, change bookmarks to work in Word, refresh the TOC etc).  We can probably add the classification to the cover page faster in those macros without the need of involvement of the server admin team so Plan B may become Plan A.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.