It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Are RQM PDF Exports kept in the Server (bd or files)?

Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | asked Apr 07 '16, 1:24 p.m.
Hi
I'm having trouble with the free space disk  on my server. I know that the RQMusers on my project export lots pf pdf files, and I want to know if they are kept in the server as a temp o in a bd so I can delete them an gain some space available.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Michael Triantafelow (4513) | answered Apr 11 '16, 9:12 a.m.
PDFs (and CSVs) are stored in the DB for a short period of time and then they are automatically removed by a background process.  By default, they are removed roughly 48 hours after they are created.

It is possible for a user that has the appropriate permissions to manually delete entries in the DB from the Export Job Queue.  Make sure that your user has the permissions view and delete under Administer Print Jobs.

A user with those permissions will find a new option available to them on the Export Job Queue page that enables them to view all of the jobs on the server (rather than just the ones they requested).  They will also be able to select and delete whichever ones they like (which will remove the file from the DB).

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Apr 11 '16, 9:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
To add what Mike said
There are two Advanced properties that determine purging of pdf jobs, they are:

1) Print Job Expiration Window (hours)  default 48 hours
2) PrintJobReaper Delay (sec)  default 36000 seconds

By default the reaper job will run every 10 hours and delete any print jobs that are more than 2 days old

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.