It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Links in MS Excel 2013 don't work, any work-around?

Isabel Torres (63938) | asked Feb 24 '16, 5:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC 6.0.1
MS Excel 2013

I am creating hyperlinks in Excel to RTC work items.

If I click on the link, I get the following message: Invalid path to authentication servlet.: /

If I copy the url and paste it into the web browser it works.

I have tested with links to other applications and all of them work, but not RTC links.

Do you know if this is a known issue? Any work-around available?

Thank you!

Isabel

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 25 '16, 4:08 a.m.

Are you sure "links to other applications" also require login and still work?

Isabel Torres commented Feb 25 '16, 12:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

hi Donald,

Yes, I tested Mural between others.

thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Feb 25 '16, 4:06 a.m.

Isabel,

I have seen a similar issue in an older version of RTC:

It maybe the version of Outlook you are using?  Office365 & IE11 was causing issues for me:

I did the following update and it fixed it for me:

1. Click Start Menu > Default Programs > Set your Default Programs:
2. Click on Excel and then at the bottom of the page Click “Set this program as default”
3. Then click on all other Office / Microsoft programs and IE and “Set this program as default”.

Worth a try maybe?

Regards

Matt Muller

Comments
Isabel Torres commented Feb 25 '16, 12:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

hi Matt,

I tried it, but unfortunately it doesn't work.
I opened IE but the same error message as when having FF as default web browser.

:-(

Thank you!

permanent link
Sandra Monares (112) | answered Oct 11 '17, 2:03 p.m.

Hi Isabel, thanks to the link you share with me, I found below solution, and I am posting her for others reference:

Hyperlinks from Office to Internet Explorer or to another Web browser

If this issue occurs when you click hyperlinks in Office documents that either directly open HTML Web content or are redirected to HTML content, client users can avoid the problem by enabling a registry key to send the hyperlink navigation to the browser instead of directly binding to the hyperlink from Office. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

218153 Error message: "Cannot locate the Internet server or proxy server" when clicking hyperlink

Note Regardless of the version of Office that you have installed, add the registry key in the exact location that is specified in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 218153.

When you use this registry setting, the HLINK component that is used by Office opens the hyperlink in the default Web browser. This registry setting affects all HLINK clients, not just Office. Therefore, use this registry key carefully.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.