It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Clearcase Synchronization engine not active needs restarted

David Beange (111364101) | asked Nov 21 '12, 12:49 p.m.
I have had a Clearcase to RTC synchronisation running successfully but the box being used to run the sync process on has been restarted and now the Clearcase Synchronization engine is no longer active and needs restarting.

we are using RTC V3.0.1.3 and Clearcase V7.1.x

Because of the restart I have no synchronised streams in the view to be able to restart or that need unlocking

Could somebody help with how this can be achieved.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 21 '12, 1:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Normally, to restart a synchronization engine (as you probably know), log on to the box where the synchronization engine process should be running, and fire up the an RTC Eclipse client.   In the clearcase synchronized streams view, select the team/project area containing that synchronized stream, right click on the synchronized stream, and select "start synchronization engine".

But you said: "Because of the restart I have no synchronised streams in the view".
By "view", I assume you mean the cc synchronized stream view?
But the synchronized stream info is in the RTC database, and therefore whether or not the sync engine process is running should have no effect on what you see in the cc synchronized stream view ... that should have all synchronized streams that have been defined.   One thing to check: Have you selected the team/project area that contains the synchronized stream you are interested in?   The sync stream view only will show you synchronized streams that belong to the team/project area you have selected in the sync stream view.

Note:To avoid having to manually do this restart, you'll want to add the synchronized engine to the "auto-startup" list for you synchronization host machine.  That is described in the help topic "Starting the Synchronization Build Engine Process": http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_sync_builder_start.html

David Beange selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David Beange commented Nov 22 '12, 3:31 a.m.

Hi Geoff.

Thanks. I had missed the option to switch Project or Team to view sync'd streams. I had been experimenting with ownership of the sync'd stream by a particular team in order to restrict to just the sync / build id who can deliver back to the stream and ultimately sync back into clearcase as a way of blocking that path. I needed to switch back to the correct team in the Clearcase Synchronised Steams View to see what I needed. Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.