It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing word document to DNG Modules with styles is inconsistent

Shirley Jhirad (514151) | asked Feb 24 '16, 3:04 a.m.
 Hi,

Working with 5.0.2 i'm importing word documents into DNG modules.

The word document includes different styles : from heading 1 to 6 (or based on these styles)
During the import wizard, i analyze the document using keywords and text delimiters in order to identify the different artifact types.
Now once the import to dng is done. i see that in some places in the module i did not get the same hierarchy as in the word doc, and sometimes it does demote correctly according to the styles.

Did anyone encounter similar issues?

Thanks
Shirley

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 03 '16, 12:13 a.m.

Word documents can contain data structured differently than it looks. An actual sample is required to understand the nature of the issue. I suggest you contact Support and provide such sample.

One answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Mar 04 '16, 10:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Shirley,

Do you have section breaks in the document between headings?  If so, this technote describes the problem that was identified.  This is resolved in version 6.0.

Defect 93645: Heading hierarchy is not correctly imported from a Word document that contains Section Breaks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.