It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RM browser plugin - has it changed between 4.0.3 and 4.0.5

Norman Dignard (356688168) | asked Jan 13 '14, 2:19 p.m.

Our bussiness PC's (windows 7) are pretty welll locked down in that users cannot install apps etc on them. Basciallly anything that required admin rights i snot allowed.

In that regards, we have had the JAZZ 4.0.3 RM browser plugin for editing graghical artifacts packaged by our IM group and installed on these locked down hosts.  Prior to upgrading from 4.0.3, this worked as users would get all the graphical editing objects in their browser (IE 9).  

We recently upgraded 4.0.5 and now the browser does not recognise that the plugin is installed when trying to edit a graphical object and tries to install it which subsequently fails due to lack of user permisions (no admin rights on the OS) .

Can someone tell me if these plugins changed between 4.0.3 and 4.0.5 requireing another install/reinstall? I'm trying to determine if its the jazz app or some OS/IE change that caused this to functioanlity to break.  

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jan 13 '14, 3:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Looking at the release notes for V405 I see in the APAR query some fixes for graphical artifacts

https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.runSavedQuery&id=_gkYXoBckEeOr6OXlMGjTLw

for example  RRC Browser Addon install script fails for ALL_USERS on Windows 7

So yes the plug-in will need to be installed by the admin
Norman Dignard selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.