It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't create RM project on 7.0.2

Dariusz Parys (132) | asked Feb 10 '21, 2:39 a.m.

I've a fresh evaluation installation of IBM ELM 7.0.2.

Version 1809
(OS Build 17763.1697)

Installation went through, just using the evaluation path.

Configuring the Jazz server via Express setup already couldn't create the database. Went through the suggestion to install it via Custom setup. Custom setup installation succeeded. 

I can log in into the server with my administrator account I can assign evaluation licenses, create users but can't create any RM project. I get this error message when trying either to create an own RM project or create it via the provided Banking sample:

Error creating the sample: CRJCA0252E During the "Creating project area 'JKE Banking (Requirements Management)' in /rm (v8)" step, the target application reported an error. For information about the cause of the error, review the error details and the server logs from the target application.
Error Stacktrace:
CRJCA0252E During the "Creating project area 'JKE Banking (Requirements Management)' in /rm (v8)" step, the target application reported an error. For information about the cause of the error, review the error details and the server logs from the target application.
CRJZS0432I Details about the error were written to the log file. To find this data, search the log file for this identifier: 93701a68-00d7-41fc-95de-e04e81569fb8.
Caused by com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException ("CRJCA0252E During the "Creating project area 'JKE Banking (Requirements Management)' in /rm (v8)" step, the target application reported an error. For information about the cause of the error, review the error details and the server logs from the target application.")
Caused by com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException ("com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJCA0009E The request could not be completed, because a 403 Forbidden status was returned. The request URI was https://dp-win.centralus.cloudapp.azure.com:9443/rm/projects.")
Caused by com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException ("CRJCA0009E The request could not be completed, because a 403 Forbidden status was returned. The request URI was https://dp-win.centralus.cloudapp.azure.com:9443/rm/projects.")
Caused by com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException ("CRJCA0009E The request could not be completed, because a 403 Forbidden status was returned. The request URI was https://dp-win.centralus.cloudapp.azure.com:9443/rm/projects.")
hide details

I already tried repotools-jts.bat -synchFriend and a successfull result came back

The friend '457f0433-53ec-4bc5-ad16-3d1be5f59aa0' has been successfully synchronized

I still have this issue. I'm not sure how to resolve it, searching in the forum also didn't help so far, maybe was not able to nail down my problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Feb 10 '21, 11:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you assigned your user a license for each of the applications you're creating the JKE sample in? in this case RM, but you'll also need a license for the other apps you selected when creating the sample.

Dariusz Parys commented Feb 11 '21, 1:59 a.m. | edited Feb 11 '21, 2:00 a.m.
Thanks a lot, I haven't assigned the license before creating the project. On the other hand it works with CCM without a problem without assigning the license before.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 15 '21, 2:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The wizard clearly states the requirements. The required licenses to create the project areas, as well as the required repository role to be able to create the project areas and users. Rename and archive failed project areas, fulfill the requirements and rerun the wizard.

Dariusz Parys selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.