It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting up JAZZ on WebSphere v7 using stand alone LDAP registry

Neal Schrauf (678) | asked Feb 02 '16, 11:05 a.m.
Can the LDAP users be added from the WAS Admin console in WAS7? I have LDAP setup as a standalone LDAP registry, but when I go to Manage Users, I get the following message: To manage users and groups, federated repositories must be the current realm definition of Global Security or one of the WebSphere security domains. Alternatively, the current realm definition of Global Security or one of the WebSphere security domains must match the federated repositories configuration. If you use Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), configure both the federated repositories and standalone LDAP registry configurations to use the same LDAP server. Do I have to configure the same standalone LDAP registry as a federated repository?  Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 02 '16, 5:49 p.m.
No matter how you configure the LDAP registry in WAS (standalone or part of a federated registry), you can only manage the users on the LDAP server itself. The place in WAS that you mentioned is only for the internal/built-in file-based user registry in WAS, which is the default registry when you choose the "federated" option.

Comments
Neal Schrauf commented Feb 03 '16, 1:41 p.m. | edited Feb 03 '16, 9:55 p.m.

What about defining users in LDAP as described in the following URL:  https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEKCU_1.1.2.1/com.ibm.psc.doc/config/psc_t_config_add_users.html ?

Donald Nong commented Feb 03 '16, 9:59 p.m.

If you go to the parent topic and check the steps, you will see this:

Set up an LDAP server and create an LDAP user registry for Jazz for Service Management. Ensure that WebSphere Application Server supports the LDAP user registry as a federated repository, for example, IBM Tivoli Directory Server or Microsoft Active Directory Server.
Jazz for Service Management is not really the "Jazz products" that we discuss here. The forum for it is here:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000002743

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.