It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project-specific Compiler Warning Settings

Chris Barlock (18814738) | asked Mar 27 '14, 3:04 p.m.
This may be an Eclipse question, but since we see it in the context of RTC, I'll start here.

Some time ago, I configured project-specific settings for the Java Compiler Errors/Warnings.  This generated a .settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs files, which is now part of our source code so that all the developers have a copy.  However, I'm told that some of the warnings I see, others do not.  (One happens to be a try-with-resource warning.  I checked with one of the developers and her compiler compliance level was set to 1.7 and she is using a Java 7 SDK.)  

Is there something else that has to be set in each developers workspace to enable the project-specific settings, or should the existence of .settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs be enough?

Thanks!

Chris

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Mar 28 '14, 3:45 a.m.

Hi Chris,
I would suggest you asking the question on Eclipse forum: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/ There is a bigger chance you will get answer there.

One answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Mar 28 '14, 5:19 a.m.
Hello,

you can check if the project-specific settings are set correctly in the preferences. There, you can also set the settings however you choose:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.