It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Received fatal alert: handshake_failure when starting the jbe build engine

Seema Venkatraman (611) | asked Jul 02 '15, 10:07 a.m.
Hi,

I have installed Jazz Build Engine on a Red Hat Linux box and I am connecting it to an RTC(4.0.6) repositiory hosted on another server. I am using RTC-BuildSystem-Toolkit-Linux-4.0.6 and RTC-Client-Linux-4.0.6 for the same. I have created a build definition, associated it with a build engine and then issued the following command on the linux box in order to start the build engine:
./jbe.sh -repository <repository url> -userId <user id> -pass <password> -engineId <engine id>

I have configured the proxy parameters required in the jbe.sh file and also added the path to an ssl certificate in eclipse.ini. I have also tried degrading the version of Client to 4.0.3 but still I am still getting an error as below:

2015-07-02 19:24:27 [Jazz build engine] CRRTC3524W: Communication with the repository failed due to this error: CRJAZ0099E An HTTP error occurred when this URL was being accessed: <repository url>/versionCompatibility?clientVersion=4.0.6. Error details: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure.

Please suggest on how to proceed further?

Thanks,
Seema Venkatraman.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 03 '15, 2:07 a.m.

Use tcpdump to capture the network trace and analyze it in Wireshark or other tools of your choice. It should be the quickest way to identify the issue.

If you request assistance on this forum, you need to provide some more details as your environment appears to have something particular.
1. Why do you need to configure a proxy for JBE?
2. If you have to use a proxy, what are the details of it?
3. Why do you need to specify an SSL certificate for JBE? Is your RTC server configured to require client certificates? Any details about the configuration?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.