It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The Installation Manager's registry information is inconsistent with its installation information

Bharat Malge (2131430) | asked Jan 29 '16, 6:29 a.m.
Hello,
       I am installing clear case 8.0.1 via silent installation, I have recorded the response file and modified the changes as per the article
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSSH27_8.0.0/com.ibm.rational.clearcase.cc_ms_install.doc/topics/t_installing_silently_with_response_file.htm
But while giving response file as a input I am getting the below error

ERROR: The Installation Manager's registry information is inconsistent with its installation information.

ERROR: The registry information at "HKLM\SOFTWARE\IBM\Installation Manager" indicates

that Installation Manager 1.8.3 (internal version: 1.8.3000.20150606_0047) is installed

at location "C:\Program Files\IBM\Installation Manager\eclipse" and is using "C:\Program

Data\IBM\Installation Manager" for its data location. However, the information at the da

ta location indicates that the Installation Manager is not installed.

00:00.53 ERROR [main] com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication run

The Installation Manager's registry information is inconsistent with its installation information.

The registry information at "HKLM\SOFTWARE\IBM\Installation Manager" indicates that

Installation Manager 1.8.3 (internal version: 1.8.3000.20150606_0047) is installed at lo

cation "C:\Program Files\IBM\Installation Manager\eclipse" and is using "C:\ProgramData\

IBM\Installation Manager" for its data location. However, the information at the data lo

cation indicates that the Installation Manager is not installed.

Anyone will help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance

Comments
Tamir Gefen commented Jan 29 '16, 6:53 a.m.

Have you asked the support team of the Installation Manager?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 31 '16, 10:25 p.m.
Does your response file contain the line similar to the below one?
<offering features='agent_core,agent_jre' id='com.ibm.cic.agent' version='1.3.0.20090211_1046'/>
If so, your response file contains information about "installing" Installation Manager, which is exactly the error message complains about. You should remove such information from the response file as you already have Installation Manager installed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.