It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error: 500 : Test Case links to Requirement in V 5.0.2

Naveen V (791759) | asked Jan 19 '16, 11:38 a.m.
Hi,

I have recently upgraded to CLM 502 from 403 without any issues but now I am seeing some error while linking requirement to Test Case.

Following below steps for getting error"

1) opening Test case --> going to Requirement Links --> then clicking on add (+) then opened one pop-up there I am typing key word "resource" then getting error. I have selected "folders" in "what to look in".

Here is the complete error message

ID CRRRW7553E  A message that was received from the server indicates an error with no specific handler.
Unable to load https://jazzserver:9443/rm/views?execute=true&fullObject=false&size=25&count=true&page=1&reuse=false&extrinsicReuse=false status: 500
_6@https://jazzserver:9443/rm/web/_js/?include=Z~&etag=ELZq33BHJD6_en_US&_proxyURL=%2Frm&ss=H0Ijx&locale=en-us:2489:8 _6@https://jazzserver:9443/rm/web/_js/?include=Z~&etag=ELZq33BHJD6_en_US&_proxyURL=%2Frm&ss=H0Ijx&locale=en-us:6187:1 _13@https://jazzserver:9443/rm/web/_js/?include=Z~&etag=ELZq33BHJD6_en_US&_proxyURL=%2Frm&ss=H0Ijx&locale=en-us:6202:1

URL: https://jazzserver:9443/rm/views?execute=true&fullObject=false&size=25&count=true&page=1&reuse=false&extrinsicReuse=false

Error 500: Internal Error

Comments
Mike Jaworski commented Jan 19 '16, 11:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Could you check the rm.log file to see if there are any related stack traces logged? It's hard to tell exactly what the problem is given the generic response displayed in the web UI.

Mike Jaworski commented Jan 19 '16, 11:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Could you check the rm.log file to see if there are any related stack traces logged? It's hard to tell exactly what the problem is given the generic response displayed in the web UI.

Naveen V commented Jan 19 '16, 12:29 p.m.

Hi @Mike Jaworski. I did not see any stack traces on rm.log files. Actually its something problem with search criteria. If I search with some other keywords then results is showing and can be link requirement to test cases. Do we need to do any indexing or initializing or restart the application?

Brett Bohnn commented Jan 19 '16, 4:20 p.m. | edited Jan 19 '16, 4:21 p.m.

Hi,

You might also ensure that rmUpdateProjectUpdateProjectBacklinks succeeded (no errors) while running the rm_upgrade.bat script (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RunningTheRMUpgradeScriptForVersion50) If you do not run this command, the existing links continue to work; however, new links between the remote servers and the RM server do not work.

I do not recall if there will be a separate log for reptools-rm.bat -rmUpdateProjectBackLinks but please look at the logs from the upgrade script under the server directory and see if there are errors attempting to update back links (e.g. if RM was not running)

If that is the case you can run the upgrade script again and skip to  rmUpdateProjectBackLinks step or run it manually. Please see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/r_repotools_rmupdateprojectbacklinksonline.html

Thanks,
Brett

Naveen V commented Jan 20 '16, 3:50 p.m.

@Brett . I just verified the log ( repotools-rm_rmUpdateProjectBackLinksOnline ) and no error. I can see success message at the end of that file. It could be something else causing because I am able to get the requirement list with some other keywords in search folder. If I put some keys then getting the error.

I am able to links requirements to test case manually but when I am searching with some keys then getting the error. Even some search keys are working some are not.

Brett Bohnn commented Jan 20 '16, 4:53 p.m. | edited Jan 20 '16, 5:01 p.m.

Hi Naveen,

The error 500 does not seem link an index problem to me but you say "I am able to get the requirement list with some other keywords in search folder" which is the type of behavior I have seen with corrupt indices. Unfortunately rebuilding indices requires shutting down the application server for RM.

To do so you can run 'repotools-rm.bat -reindex all'

In your follow up please include the full error message you meant to paste above and any exceptions that might appear in the reindex log.

Thanks,
Brett

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One answer

permanent link
Naveen V (791759) | answered Jan 20 '16, 3:52 p.m.

Here is the error message exactly where I am getting.

Comments
Brett Bohnn commented Jan 20 '16, 5:01 p.m.

Hi Naveen,

The error 500 does not seem link an index problem to me but you say "I am able to get the requirement list with some other keywords in search folder" which is the type of behavior I have seen with corrupt indices. Unfortunately rebuilding indices requires shutting down the application server for RM.

To do so you can run 'repotools-rm.bat -reindex all'

In your follow up please include the full error message you meant to paste above and any exceptions that might appear in the reindex log.

Thanks,
Brett

Naveen V commented Jan 21 '16, 3:38 p.m.

@Brett Bohnn, I just checked my previous index log seems to be reindexed successfully.
Do you think doing it again will help ?

Here is the logs. I removed some lines as have limitation to post comment.
applications ...
2016-01-01CRJZS5586I Reindexing : Finished processing "text history" indices for private applications in 104130 ms
2016-01-01 CRJZS5586I Reindexing : Finished processing "triple live" indices for private applications in 1553536 ms
2016-01-01 CRJZS5579I Reindexing : Deleting "triple history" indices for private applications ...
CRJZS5586I Reindexing : Finished processing "triple history" indices for private applications in 178683 ms
CRJZS6109I Resources from database thin:orarm/xxxxxxxx@//oracdbserver:1521/ratdb were reindexed successfully.
2016-01-01 The user "ADMIN" has logged out of the database thin:orarm/xxxxxxxx@//oracdbserver:1521/ratdb
2016-01-01 CRJZS5652I Indexing services are being shut down ...
2016-01-01 CRJZS5651I Indexing services finished shutting down in 3089 ms

Brett Bohnn commented Jan 21 '16, 5:39 p.m.

Hi Naveen,

I agree, it looks like the index log is clean.

But I have not see the stack trace that Mike also requested above.  The error in your first post is not enough to understand what could be causing it.

Given you just upgraded, I wanted to consider the rmUpdateProjectBackLinks failure possibility (which I have seen cause similar problems). That clearly is not the case. The symptom behaves like an indices problem but I cannot say for sure that a reindex will solve the problem.

Do you not see a stack trace in the rm.log after reproducing the problem? If not, we may need to suggest increased logging verbosity and/or other client-side tracing, like using Firebug with Firefox. It may be best to submit a PMR if you have that option.

Thanks,
Brett

Naveen V commented Jan 27 '16, 9:14 a.m.

Hi Brett, I am trying to run repotools-rm.bat -reindex all' before that would like to check for recommendations. I will stop the application and run the index command. Do we need to take the backup of databases and jazz installers before running the command?

Thanks,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.