It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RTC support the auditing of development artefacts?

Jason Chatland (813) | asked Jul 18 '14, 4:15 p.m.
 We are thinking of auditing our SDLC usage. Our development artefacts are stored across RTC, RRC and RQM. Is there a feature that I could use to pull together all of the artefacts to view so that an audit function could easily look at their quality and completeness? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Karla Ducharme (261) | answered Jul 22 '14, 11:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jason,  RTC, RRC and RQM can definitely support creating reports to support an audit.  Many customers today using one or more of the products above are passing development lifecycle audits for standards such as ASPICE, CMMI, ISO 26262 (an Automotive functional safety standard), DO-178B(international standard for software assurance for airborne software...used by the FAA before a plane can fly), and other standards.

The questions is what kind of audit do you want to do?  Many of the standards above have a process called Quality Assurance where an independent organization will check that each part of the development lifecycle is being followed.  This can cover areas such as project planning (do you have a process?), requirements management (do you manage and track requirements well? Do you have proper Change Control Board reviews and approvals? etc.), Can you trace your requirements to test, design and other artifacts?  Are their complete test records and evidence with the required level on independence (i.e., the person developing an item can't be the person doing the testing in many cases), and so on.

Once you know what you want to audit, then you can create reports in the approriate product(s) or create cross product reporting with Rational Publishing Engine (perhpas a report that shows reqs mapped to design artifacts or Defects mapped to work item resolutions, mapped to design/code artifacts that were modified).

I hope this helps.  The comments above are general, but the products you mentioned can definitely be used to support audit and many customers are doing so today.
Jason Chatland selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.