It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing Security certificate on WAS

Kunal N (872862) | asked Jan 15 '16, 3:18 a.m.
retagged Jan 16 '18, 1:51 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

Hi All,

I have security certificate and key provided by my company and need to install this certificate for WAS 8.5.5.

I  have went through many different links on IBM knowledge center but none really helped. Have anyone one installed security certificate on WAS please guide me on how to install it...?

Thank you,
Kunal N.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Jan 15 '16, 11:36 a.m.
It sounds as though you did not initiate any signing request from within the WebSphere console.

If this certificate is to be used for WAS encryption you must have created a keystore and a signing request which was handed over to a signing authority.  The signing authority will have given back data that must be received into that same keystore ( along possibly some additional root and/or intermediate signing certificates that will likely also be needed in that keystore ).

It is possible to configure WebSphere to use that keystore.  You will need to have the keystore, know its password and have write access to the install of the WebSphere profile.  

There are pages and pages in the WebSphere Knowledge Center

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEQTP_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.base.doc/ae/csec_sslsecurecom.html?cp=SSEQTP_8.5.5%2F1-8-2-31-4-0&lang=en
Kunal N selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kunal N commented Feb 10 '16, 2:21 a.m.

So does it mean that, I need to create a request from WAS for security certificate to CA.

Is it not possible to install the certificates that are being provided to me by my organization.?

Thank you,
Kunal

Donald Nong commented Feb 10 '16, 6:25 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.