It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM migration due to O/S upgrade

Cliff Sadler (62717) | asked Jun 10 '16, 2:18 p.m.

We are moving a current CLM 6.0.1 IFIX 01 deployment from Server2008 to Server2012, which requires a re-install of all products.

I have followed the closest subject I can find about migrating databases found here:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_migrate_dbs.html

I have exported the .tar files for JTS, CCM, and RM using repotools on the 2008 server.

I have installed CLM 6.0.1 on the new server, and have installed DB2, and created the databases.

Now the question is, do I first run Custom Setup to connect to the DB2 databases (which will prompt me to create tables for each database), or do I instead run repotools-xx -import for each database?  I would have to manually edit the teamserver.properties file for each database first to comment out Derby, and enable DB2.

I'm not sure what will get created during custom setup vs. the imported .tar files.  do the tables have to be created before you import tar data?  The page referenced above would lead me to think no, but I don't know what I don't know at this point.

Then another issue.  What about the IFIX patch to bring it to 01?  can I import the .tar data first, and then do the ifix patch, or do I have to do that prior to restoring my data?  In order to install the patch, I will have to start the servers at least, and then what? run setup?  No sure of the interaction between an Ifix patch and the data tables.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jun 13 '16, 4:04 a.m.
edited Jun 13 '16, 4:07 a.m.
 Hi Cliff

First, you have to make sure the CLM URL remains the same post migration as well. 

You dont have to run the setup again. You need to copy over the conf directory from the CLM installation to the new installation directories which includes the teamserver.properties and the indices folders as well.
If there are changes in the DB names and host, you can edit teamserver.properties and then run the repotools import.

The recommended way to migrate the data is not through the repotools export command, but DB2 backup and restore. For the application migration, you need to copy over the conf directory.

You can apply the IFIX patch first and then run repotools import. 
Cliff Sadler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 13 '16, 4:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/BackupCLM for information about the data needed.

Cliff Sadler commented Jun 13 '16, 7:47 a.m.

The info I was missing I believe is in the updated BackupCLM.  when I visited this last, there was no info on Liberty, and what to backup and move to the new installation.

Had it all installed, and running, but couldn't login as a user as the Liberty Profile registry and configuration files hadn't been copied over.  I mistakenly thought that information was stored in the JTS Database.

I'll post up if I run into any other issues, but I think this may do it.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 13 '16, 8:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I did the update last Friday...... 8)
Please let me know if I missed a file. The application.xml only needs to be backed up if you changed it manually e.g. to add an application.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.