It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Querying an item in the context of a Global Configuration

Ana-Maria Rosu (26) | asked Jan 21, 6:25 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I am trying to query a Test Plan and get the links to some Change Requests that I previously linked to that Test Plan.
Even though I can see these links in the Web Jazz app, when I run the query they are not visible. 

I saw that in the web app these links are visible in the context of a Global Configuration so I've tried to add a configuration context to my query.
I have tried using both the Configiuration-Context header and the oslc_config.context parameter, but the query returns the exact same response as when I'm not using any configuration context.

I have tried the same with a Requirement (to get the links to some Change Requests that I previously linked to that Requirement) and both methods work, and the links are visible.. 

Do you have any idea what might be the problem? Because I don't understand why is working with RM items but not with QM items.

Thank you,
Ana

Comments
Ana-Maria Rosu commented Jan 27, 4:42 a.m.

More specifications:

This query that I am trying to make is a HTTP query using OSLC Standard. I am trying to run the query using Postman and after making it work I intend to integrate it in a Java program.

So in the HTTP query response I am not able to see the links to my Change Requests even though in the Jazz GUI they are visible.

One answer

permanent link
David Honey (2256) | answered Jan 22, 4:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You could create and run a report in Report Builder scoped to that GC using the Lifecycle Query Engine Scoped to a Configuration data source.

Comments
Ana-Maria Rosu commented Jan 27, 4:42 a.m.

Hello David, thanks for your response. I think I was not specific enough but I am trying to do this query in the context of OSLC Standard using Postman, so it's a HTTP query, so I don't think Report Builder helps in this case. I also added an comment to my question with more details.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.