It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has anyone see an issue where users cannot see data in a cross-project JRS report?

Janet Charbonneau (852454) | asked Dec 22 '15, 2:01 p.m.
I have three RTC projects...I'll call them A, B and C.  I created a JRS report that shows all risks across those three projects, sorted by project.  I can see 3 risks in project A, one risk in project B and one risk in project C.   My other users can only see the 3 risks in project A.  I have given them access to the other projects, but they only see project A risks in the JRS widget.  To prove that they could see the other risks, I also created separate widgets using regular RTC queries and widgets with one widget showing project A risks, one widget showing project B risks and one widget showing project C risks.  The other users can see the risks in those other widgets using regular RTC queries and widgets, but can only see project A risks in the JRS chart.  Does anybody know why the other users cannot see some of the risks in the JRS chart, but I can?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 23 '15, 8:24 a.m.
Hello Janet,

For the first user, the fact that he can see the project data because he has the JazzAdmin role does not grant the rights to see the report data in JRS. He needs to be a project member.

For the test ID, I don't think that Team membership is taken into account, try to assign it as a project member.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
Janet Charbonneau selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Dec 23 '15, 8:33 a.m.

Francesco,

Thanks for the response.  I added the first user as a project member of project C yesterday and all of the data collection jobs have run overnight, so I will have him test it again when he gets into work today.

For the Jazzdemo user, it is a project member of project A and project C and still can see no data.  He has been project members in those projects for a few days now.  For project A I even assigned him the "Project Admin" role (a few days ago) which is a role that will give him all permissions across the board to rule out a role/permissions issue and that ID still cannot see any data via JRS. 

Any other ideas?

Janet Charbonneau commented Feb 09 '16, 2:09 p.m.

I marked this as the accepted answer since it is the most likely to be a cause elsewhere.  I also had the problem of not having an email address set for my test ID, so that was the cause of the other issues.

3 other answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 23 '15, 5:35 a.m.
Hello Janet,

after you assign the other users as project members you need to rerun the ETL in order for them to have access to the project data.
If you are using the Java ETL is the common job for all applications.
If you are using DCC is the Jazz Foundation Services - Project Area job.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Dec 23 '15, 8:19 a.m.

One of my users is a JazzAdmin, so he can see all data in every project.  Does he need to have specific access to the project to see data via JRS reports?  He was one of the users who could see project A data, but not the other data via the JRS report, but could see all data in the regular queries/widgets.

Also, I have a test ID called Jazzdemo.  That user has not been able to see any of the data, not even for project A which he has been a team member.  I made Jazzdemo an admin for JRS and when I try to use that ID to create a report in JRS it cannot see any of the RTC projects; therefore, it cannot create a report at all.

All of the data collection jobs have run overnight.  Any other ideas?

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 23 '15, 8:45 a.m.
Hello Janet,

the project access control uses the email address as the identifier on which the permissions are looked up.
Does your test user have a valid email address in CLM?

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Dec 23 '15, 9:21 a.m.

Interesting!  No, the Jazzdemo ID does not have an email address associated with it.  I will have my sys admin add a valid email address in AD.  Will then sync with jazz and make sure all of my data collection jobs run again.  Then will test it out.

Thanks for this info!!!

Janet Charbonneau commented Dec 23 '15, 10:51 a.m. | edited Dec 23 '15, 10:53 a.m.

Francesco,

I had success with my first (jazzadmin) user!!  He was able to log on this morning and see the project C data, so adding him to the project worked.

I am still having no luck with the Jazzdemo ID.  An email address was added to it in AD and successfully synced with Jazz.  I have rerun all of the data collection jobs for Jazz and CCM.  I refreshed the Data Warehouse in the JRS application.  I have logged out and logged back in with Jazzdemo and it still cannot see any data in the JRS widget or any projects when trying to create a new JRS report.  He is a member of project A and project C. Is there anything else I need to run for this to work?

Thanks for your assistance!

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 23 '15, 11:20 a.m.
edited Dec 23 '15, 11:21 a.m.
Hello Janet,

you might need to check in the data warehouse if the change of email address has been picked up, if not you might need to do a full load for the JTS job.

To check the data in the data warehouse for the user, you can use a query like this:
select * from RIODS.RESOURCE where NAME='Jazzdemo';
and check that there is the email populated in REFERENCE_ID.

NOTE: replace Jazzdemo with the actual user id.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Dec 24 '15, 7:48 a.m.

I decided to just wait for everything to run overnight and it is working this morning!  Thanks for letting me know that everything is tied back to the email address and to run the Java ETL after assigning permissions to the project.  Those two things fixed all the issues I was having!!

Francesco Chiossi commented Dec 24 '15, 8:01 a.m.

Glad to hear the issue was fixed.
Thanks for your feedback, Janet!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.