It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to generate Oracle data warehouse upgrade scripts without upgrading the CLM server

Adam Wereszczynski (92811932) | asked Dec 16 '15, 4:58 a.m.
I want to upgrade an IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management Solution (CLM) to a new version.

The Oracle Database user who connects to the Data Warehouse does not have full administrative privileges.
Because of that, the Data Warehouse was created using the steps from the below link:

Create Oracle data warehouse without DBA permissions

I want to to generate the upgrade scripts, but I don't want to do it manually during the upgrade, as I need my upgrade to be done silently.

How can I generate the Oracle DW upgrade scripts without already starting an upgrade of CLM?

One answer

permanent link
Adam Wereszczynski (92811932) | answered Dec 16 '15, 5:00 a.m.
edited Dec 16 '15, 2:08 p.m.
You can do that by installing an additional CLM installation.

To generate the upgrade scripts:
  1. Install the target CLM version.
  2. Copy the teamserver.properties file from Old CLM Version Installation Directory/jts/conf to New CLM Version Installation Directory/jts/conf .
  3. Run the repotools-jts generateWarehouseUpgradeScripts command as instructed in the link below.
    Create Oracle data warehouse without DBA permissions

The scripts will be generated and the existing CLM installation will not be affected.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.