It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create new user in JTS, when using Jazz Authorization Server?

Benjamin Röhl (1671425) | asked Feb 19 '18, 10:56 a.m.
edited Mar 06 '18, 5:32 a.m.

Hi,

Environment:

• Jazz Platform 6.0.5 iFix001
  • Jazz Authorization Server 6.0.5
    • Configured with file-based user registry
I would like to add a new user in JTS (with username, password, email, licenses declared).
The JTS page states that the creation was successful, thus I navigated to the user-registry file (localUserRegistry.xml) of the JAS.
According to the other already created users, I have added the new user, with username and password, and assigned the JazzUsers role to it.
Example snippet:
<user name="testuser" passwords="{aes}AN9NeTBKwkUOOmXQotsZDjBuIwKo98BvQPBlVvl2i9ps"/>
<group name="JazzUsers">
   <member name="testuser"/>
...other member declarations....
</group>
When navigating back to the JTS users page, the new user "testuser" is not shown in the list.

It seems the users, defined in the user-registry file of the Jazz Authorization Server, are not "synchronized" with JTS.

What else I have to consider for adding a new user with the setup of Jazz Authorization Server?

References:
Configuring the Jazz Authorization Server to use a file-based user registry

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Mar 12 '18, 11:13 p.m.

You have to use either the "repotools-jts -addUser" or "repotools-jts -importUsers" command.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/r_repotools_createuser.html
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/r_repotools_importusers.html

JTS can only synchronize with an LDAP backend, and nothing else.

Benjamin Röhl selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Benjamin Röhl commented Mar 22 '18, 6:40 a.m.

Ok, then I have to setup a LDAP backend connection for JAS.
Thanks for the clarification.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.