It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to trigger a checkin & resolve conflict action when using vsdiffmerge as external compare tool?

Gabor Csizmadia (131) | asked Dec 11 '15, 4:41 p.m.
I try to use Visual Studio Built-In Compare/Merge Tool (vsdiffmerge.exe) as external compare tool.

The comparing works fine but the merging does not really work the way I would like it to work.

When I click on the "Accept Merges" button in the "Merges" window in Visual Studio the file will be saved (so the manual merging is done) and vsdiffmerge.exe process exits (exit code: 0) but in eclipse I still see the conflict.

I would like to notify RTC so that the conflict can be "Resolved as Merged" as if I clicked on this button in eclipse.

I already used vsdiffmerge.exe for Git and there was a parameter named "trustexitcode" which was set to true and it worked like a charm.

Is there any way to achieve this way of working?

I mainly use eclipse for RTC but I also have the RTC Client for Visual Studio.

Comments
Surya Tripathi commented Dec 18 '15, 12:28 p.m.

Could you please share how have you configured vsdiffmerge arguments in Eclipse?

Gabor Csizmadia commented Feb 03 '16, 5:22 p.m.

It's a bit tricky as setting vsdiffmerge.exe directly does not work. I will create a page with the whole story and then I will provide a link here.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 22 '15, 1:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This has been requested in work item: Automatic Resolution of the merge conflict flag with 3rd party merge tools  (152439)
To indicate your support, you can add your vote, and any comment you would like.
Gabor Csizmadia selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Gabor Csizmadia commented Feb 03 '16, 5:16 p.m.

I hope there will be more voters for this work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.