It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm (lscm) --xcompare (external comparison tool) option does not appear to work

Brett Waldo (1101521) | asked Dec 16 '14, 5:57 p.m.
 Hopefully this is just a configuration issue, but I'm unable to get the graphical comparison tool to run for scm.  

Linux, RHEL 6.1
CCM 5.0.1

Steps:
scm set pref external.compare.3way "kdiff3 \${ancestorFilePath} \${file1Path} \${file2Path} --L1 \"\${ancestorFileTitle}\" --L2 \"\${file1Title}\" --L3 \"\${file2Title}\" --output \${mergeFilePath}"
scm set pref external.compare.2way "kdiff3 \${file1Path} \${file2Path} --L1 \"\${file1Title}\" --L2 \"\${file2Title}\" --output \${mergeFilePath}"
 scm diff -r local --xcompare -w 1007 -c 1009 baseline 1257 baseline 1200 --show c

The differences are displayed to the screen versus using kdiff3.  

I see nothing of relevance in any log file (had log set to FINEST).  I replaced kdiff3 with a personal script and confirmed it was never even attempted to be executed.

What else is required to get the external compare tool to work. Also, is there a way to use this within Eclipse? I see the external compare tool settings, but there doesn't appear to be a way to use it for compare baselines (only files).

Thanks!
Brett

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Dec 16 '14, 9:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The scm diff command with --xcompare option currently supports only diff for unresolved local files. The command should have thrown an error informing the user about it or the help should have mentioned it. Please raise a defect.

Brett Waldo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Brett Waldo commented Dec 18 '14, 11:37 a.m.

Thanks. Defect  341132 created.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.