It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I change the order of my artifact container selection?

Ian Pillion (258) | asked Dec 07 '15, 4:11 p.m.
I have associated 2 RTC projects with 1 RQM project, and when I go to Create New Defect in RQM I correctly get the 2 RTC projects listed in the drop down named artifact container selection.. however the default value is the wrong choice. Is it possible to swap / change the order of my artifact container selection?

Comments
Ian Pillion commented Dec 08 '15, 10:46 a.m.

From reading up on this it appears to be alphabetical order, and the workaround is to rename one or both artifact containers. I would prefer not to do this however.
Any other workarounds to modify the order?

2 answers

permanent link
Michael Triantafelow (4513) | answered Dec 08 '15, 11:49 a.m.
 As far as I know, there is no mechanism for affecting the order of the project areas in this view.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Dec 08 '15, 8:40 p.m.
My testing (with RQM 5.0.2) shows that the order is determined by the time of the RTC project being associated with the RQM project - the first RTC project associated with the RQM project appears at the top, and the last at the bottom. If this is also true for you, you can simply de-associate and re-associate the projects to re-order them.

Comments
Ian Pillion commented Dec 09 '15, 4:06 a.m.

Donald, I had tried this, I removed both, saved, then recreated the links in the reverse manner, but still it showed the project names "Cxx" as the default ahead of the "Sxx" project, so I do not believe it is time orientated, but alphabetical order.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.