It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Subscription of notifications not for a specific field

Benjamin Chauviere (37128) | asked Dec 02 '15, 4:22 p.m.
Hello,

We have many subscribers for a WI, but it is a bit spamming when you get notified because you just changed a field like 'Time Remaining' or 'Planned For'.
Is there a way to remove the notification to all subscribers when we change for example just the 'PlannedFor' field ?

Thank you,

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Dec 02 '15, 4:45 p.m.
edited Dec 02 '15, 4:48 p.m.
Each user can modify their notification preferences in the WebUI.  I think these would fall under "other work item change"

Grab the pulldown adjacent to where one's name is shown, choose View My Profile And Licenses.  Click on Mail Configuration on the left.  [ I wanted to add a picture, but even though I have enough cred, Firefox on RHEL 6.7 does not play well with this forum in that regard. ]  The one to disable is labeled "Other work item change not listed above"

Benjamin Chauviere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Benjamin Chauviere commented Dec 03 '15, 4:12 a.m.

Thanks for your answer, that helps me even if I wanted to decouple Priority and Planned For fields (line 3) what it looks not possible. I understand the customization for notifications.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.