It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrate streams and components to a new RTC 4 repository

Jerry Feldman (12710) | asked May 29 '14, 9:24 a.m.
We have a sandbox repository where we migrated from SVN. Now we have to move to a production repository. I would like to retain the existing streams. The problem with starting from scratch is that there was a lot of work moving to RTC, and we would have to recreate that work unless we have a way to migrate our repository.
I have read the Bulk Move Work Items between Project Areas in RTC 4, but that does not seem to apply.I have 2 streams and 5 components in those streams with several baselines, but most of those baselines are test builds rather than actual code changes.
One way I thought of would lose all history:
Create the streams with empty components in the target repository
load each component into a local workspace
unload and load (or copy the data) into the a local repository for the new Repository.
I'm using RTC 4.0,4 on Linux (RHEL 6).

Comments
sam detweiler commented May 29 '14, 10:27 a.m. | edited May 29 '14, 10:29 a.m.

deleted dup

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 29 '14, 10:28 a.m.
make sure you have an RTC Eclipse setup that can connect to both servers

you will need to enable Distributed SCM to make this work, and enable the users role to do this..

ccm/advanced properties,
Enable Distributed SCM = true

user role
open project, process config, team config, source control, replicate changesets (server), check the box for your user role)

view the streams in on the source repository, right click, duplicate, select the target repository, edit the name if you want before the copy...

make sure that the components, and workspaces are owned by the right users on the target system.

and see https://jazz.net/library/article/535/
on how to correct the chnageset owner userid mapping if they are not on the same JTS.

I worked on a project than needed 50 streams and 300 workspaces copied..
I wrote code to do this..

Comments
Jerry Feldman commented May 29 '14, 12:03 p.m.

Thanks. This appears to be the best way to do this, but I'm not sure how to set ccm/advanced properties
I checked in the 4.0.4 directory and do not have any advanced properties.

sam detweiler commented May 29 '14, 12:28 p.m.

https://server:port/ccm/admin, select advanced properties in the left nav.. search for 'distributed scm'... (the string above)..

you will have to have admin rights of course..

Jerry Feldman commented May 29 '14, 1:35 p.m.

In this case, server being the RTC server?

sam detweiler commented May 29 '14, 1:38 p.m.

yes, the same URL you used in Eclipse plus /admin

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 29 '14, 10:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You'll have to use distributed SCM to deliver all of your components to your production repository.

Flow changes cross repositories with Rational Team Concert

permanent link
Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | answered Mar 30 '15, 12:17 p.m.
 What about duplicate repository workspace? The same as duplicate stream?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 30 '15, 1:35 p.m.

yes.. workspace and stream are functionally identical.. one has the 'stream' flag turned on, the other does not.

my copy utility handles each separately (so I can filter out user workspaces)  but uses the same apis.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.