It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTCz How to invoke db2 bind scrip during promotion?

Vijayalakshmie K Ekan (711116) | asked May 05 '16, 11:42 a.m.
Hi ,
 Can any one guide me on invoking DB2 bind during promotion.

I prepared DB2 bind REXX Script. And tried using Post build command option where in i gave the command as follows:
tso "EXEC 'XXXX.AAAA.REXX(RTCPDB)' '$(team.enterprise.promotion}'"

The result is says bad ${} modifier.
So if i omit ${}, then the script got invoked but parameters where not passed.

Can any one guide me here.

Thanks in advance.
:

4 answers

permanent link
Ravikanth Chavali (401724) | answered May 06 '16, 12:26 p.m.
edited May 06 '16, 12:33 p.m.
 Here is an approach...

Create a BindRexx/clist that performs a db2 bind. Inputs(memberName, pds(e) location, bindingEnvironment, etc)

Create a WrapperRexx/clist that parses the promotionInfo.xml file and identifies each member/program that needs to be BIND.

Call the BindRexx from the WrapperRexx and pass the identified information and any additional information needed.

Modify the generated promotion macro xml file to include a new ant target task that executes WrapperRexx, pass path to promotionInfo.xml file and any additional information needed.

Make sure the ant target task is executed/invoked.

On the promotion definition, Use the modified promotion macro xml file instead of generating each time. 

permanent link
Vijayalakshmie K Ekan (711116) | answered May 09 '16, 2:31 a.m.
Thanks, for response.

We have down with Bind Rexx and Wrapper Rexx that takes promotion.xml as input, internally that invokes bind Rexx.

But I am unable to follow on modify the generated promotion macro.xml to include a new ant target task that executes WrapperRexx.

Can you little elaborate this

Thanks, Viji

permanent link
Ravikanth Chavali (401724) | answered May 11 '16, 5:54 p.m.
 I meant,
In Promotion definition(s) > Promotion > Build File and Targets > Use an existing build file(that was modified using an previously generated file). Instead of the default "Generate build file"

permanent link
Eric Kung (111) | answered May 20 '16, 1:56 a.m.
 Hi, Rav
I'm looking for similar solution, do you know if there is any sample WrapperRexx to parse promotionInfo.xml ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.