It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM Approach - RRC-CCM-RQM or RRC-RTC-RQM

Tony Kwa (20822) | asked Nov 10 '15, 7:08 p.m.
edited Nov 12 '15, 10:29 p.m. by Lisa Frankel (5462)
Hi
I have previously worked with CLM using Rational Requirements Management, Rational Change and Configuration Management,  and Rational Quality management.  I am starting a new project and they are asking me to investigate using Requirements, Team Concert and Quality Management.

How does that work...?  Where does RTC fit?  A search on Info Center seems to say that RTC uses CCM.   IS it just a different name for the same application?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Nov 10 '15, 7:54 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Essentially they are the same thing.

To be more specific:

The product names (RTC, RQM, RDNG, etc.) refer to sets of capabilities that you enable via Jazz licenses. These capabilities are grouped in role names like RTC Developer, RQM Quality Professional, RDNG Analyst, etc.

These licenses enable various capabilities in the applications that run on the Jazz Team Server.  Each product tends to focus on the capabilities in one application (RTC-> CCM, RQM-> QM, RDNG->RM) however each primary license (Developer, Quality Professional, etc.) includes at least read and commenting ability in the other applications, and each includes full access to the tracking and planning system (aka work item system). There are various other applications running on the Jazz Team Server that are included in all the licenses, for example the Jazz Reporting Service includes at least two: Report Builder and Data Collection Component (DCC)

You can learn more in this client license overview topic:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.0/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/c_license_mgmt_over.html?cp=SSYMRC_6.0.0&lang=en

Tony Kwa selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.