It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Make specific user as Read Only user in RTC project area

kavita herur (5876894) | asked Sep 22 '15, 7:39 a.m.
 Hi All,
 I have few scenarios where I want few users should have read only access project area  and they can query data and see the data but cant modify.
 I found one way of doing it. By adding new role and assigning prevent editing precondition to that role. But user  can be assigned different role where he/she can start editing it. I want the control of of modifying read only user should be under Jazz Project admin, JazzAdmin.

Please let me know is there way so that no need to keep eye on every time for role changes are done to read only users.

Thanks,
Kavita

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Sep 22 '15, 7:53 a.m.

You may want to look at the Jazz Permissions at a repository level (this doesn't help if it is a shared repository with lots of project areas where the users may need read/write access to other project areas).  JazzGuest I believe is only R/O, while JazzUsers is R/W.  To my knowledge, if they have JazzGuest permissions, they can't edit even if they are given a role that allows editing. 

Again, this would only work if the repository itself is not shared such that those users would need R/W in OTHER project areas on the same repository since the Jazz permissions is at the repository level, not the project area level.

kavita herur commented Sep 22 '15, 8:09 a.m.

Thanks Susan for quick response. 

I have few more question on the "JazzGuest"  permission.
1. with JazzGuest user can create query?
2.  With this role can't we make user can have write permissions in other project area.  Or do you find any other way which will fulfill my requirement.

Thanks,
Kavita

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.