It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plan Views lost while upgrading CCM Template

Thomas Schönheim (135) | asked Aug 02 '17, 9:52 a.m.

Hello,

we made a template upgrade of a CCM project area, as we do it often.
We use Master Project Areas to provide the Template Versions and unconfigured Child Project Areas for the projects.

Effect this time was:
- One of the project associations to QM disappeared (Association providing Defects to QM). (Noticed, because a link from an RTC Plan to Testplan was gone)
- Local definitions of Plan Views in the Child Area were all resetted.

Everything else seems to be ok. Upgrading another project the same way some weeks ago made no problems. All Views and Associations were ok in that one. Very strange.

Did someone hear about such an effect any time ago? Do you need more info?

Additionally:
Where in the system are local plan views stored? I can not find something in local process XML. They are not in the master template process XML.
Are they stored in some XML in the server file structures? If so, we had a chance for back up.
Or are they stored in the database?

Comments
Stefan Oblinger commented Mar 02 '21, 3:24 a.m.

We recently faced the same problem that local definitions of Plan Views were lost during upgrade to a new process version via Master-PA switch.

Thomas, do you remember what the root cause was? Was it possible to restore the local plan views?
Thanks, Stefan

Thomas Schönheim commented Apr 26 '21, 11:27 a.m.

Hey Stefan, as I remember it was not possible to restore the local plan views. But this is 4 years back and I am not sure. Idea of this post was: Get some more information on where the plan views are stored, e.g. as xml files. Thomas.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.