It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - Mandatory fields triggered by work item field selection

Glenn Watkins (88245) | asked Sep 22 '15, 4:38 a.m.
 Hi

Can anyone direct me to some literature on how to get fields to become mandatory based on the selection of another filed within a work item.

If I have a field called "Emergency" on a work item, and a TAB on the same work item that has fields that are relevant to the "Emergency" field, when a user selects a value other than "Unassigned" on the the "Emergency" field, it must make the fields on the "Emergency" tab mandatory, we normally control this through workflow but in this instance we need it triggered off the field.

Thank you in advance 

Glenn

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 22 '15, 5:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Glenn, see Process Enactment Workshop for the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (the version for RTC only, if you want to run it) Lab 5 - look for conditions. There is only one way to make attributes required dynamically, which is using a condition. For more complex situations, also see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/attribute-customization-java-based-value-providers-conditions-and-validators/ 
Glenn Watkins selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Glenn Watkins commented Sep 22 '15, 7:58 a.m.

Hi Ralph

Thank you very much once again, you really help me.

Kindest Regards
Glenn

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.