It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Set Iteration visibility in Current Plans and All Plans view

Niraj Doshi (175) | asked Aug 12 '19, 10:36 a.m.
Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out a way to set visibility for the current and future iterations, so that I can control if they appear or not in the Current Plans and/or All Plans view.

For instance, I have iterations planned out for the entire year, but I just want few (one current and two future) iterations visible under Current Plans and All Plans view.

I have tried to open a plan from previous iteration and set it's "Iteration" to current sprint, but then it removes that plan from the previous iteration's view.

Thank you so much for your help.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 13 '19, 1:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think you confuse some concepts and cause and effect. Please check https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RTCProcessFundamentals#Planning_Fundamentals and try to better understand what plans and the related concepts mean.

As far as I know, the "Current plans" shows plans that are configured for one of the current iterations. 
Configured means the iteration selected in the plan configuration/plan details is a current one. 
Current means that the configured iteration is marked as a current iteration in the timeline, or that the it iteration has the current iteration as nested iteration.

Niraj Doshi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Niraj Doshi commented Aug 13 '19, 12:00 p.m.
Thank you Ralph. I was indeed confusing Iterations and Plans. What I was missing was that even if I have created the iterations, I'll have to create plans for those iterations, to have the plans show up in the "Current Plans/All Plans" View. Your answer have me the right direction.

Thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.