It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Calculated Value for attributes with contributor type

Olga M (837) | asked Sep 03 '15, 8:52 a.m.
I  should to  calculate  the  Owner By field .
I  have developed  the  calculated  value  that  returns Creator  as  icontributor .
I  can  see my Calculated Value on attribute definition screen  like option of  drop  down of  Calculate value  for  attributes that have  been  defined as  contributors . 
I   define  the  dependency from  Filed Against  attribute . 
When  I  set my Calculated  value  to  custom contributor attribute  it  gets  the name  of  creator  by  the  moment  the   Filed Against  attribute has  been  changed ,  but  after  the  save process  the  value  of  the custom  contributor  attribute  becomes to  be  "Unidentified" . 
If  I set my Calculated  value  to Owned By  attribute  with the same dependency  it  also  gets  the right  value  before  saving  , but  on  save  process  I  get  the next error :  "Error running operation 'Saving Work Item'

java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException"

Please  advice .

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 03 '15, 9:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As answered before, there is no real good way to do that in JavaScript, because you can't get at the information at all. You can only put in the user UUID's into the configuration or hard code it in the script.

The only way to implement this is using Java based providers: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/attribute-customization-java-based-value-providers-conditions-and-validators/
Or using a follow up action/participant.
Olga M selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Olga M commented Sep 03 '15, 10:23 a.m. | edited Sep 03 '15, 10:38 a.m.

RaIph a lot  of thanks  for  your  reply  . 
How  can  I  get  the user UUID's ?

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 03 '15, 10:39 a.m. | edited Sep 03 '15, 10:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

See the spy tool in Process Enactment Workshop for the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management Lab 5 to print them.

If you understand how the UUID looks like, you can likely get it from the URL to a user profile.

One other answer

permanent link
Olga M (837) | answered Sep 03 '15, 11:04 a.m.
A  lot  of  Thanks !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.