It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Floating Quality Manager CALs not working

Manoj Tiwari (4684) | asked Jul 17 '09, 7:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I have configured LDAP with TOMCAT in RQM which is working fine.I am able to import users too.

I assign user as "JazzUsers" in Repository Permissions and "Rational Quality Manager - Floating Quality Manager " as CALs.

After that I added user in the project "Quality Manager" team.

But when user tried to login get in RQM get following message:

"You have successfully logged into Jazz Team Server but you are not authorized to access Rational Quality Manager.
Contact your Jazz Team Server Administrator to learn how to get access

I cross checked If I assign user "Rational Quality Manager - Quality Manager" things working fine but not in case "Floating Quality Manager" case.

Any suggestions ?

6 answers

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | answered Jul 21 '09, 10:45 a.m.
Hi

I have configured LDAP with TOMCAT in RQM which is working fine.I am able to import users too.

I assign user as "JazzUsers" in Repository Permissions and "Rational Quality Manager - Floating Quality Manager " as CALs.

"You have successfully logged into Jazz Team Server but you are not authorized to access Rational Quality Manager.

I cross checked If I assign user "Rational Quality Manager - Quality Manager" things working fine but not in case "Floating Quality Manager" case.

Any suggestions ?

I think perhaps you didn't add the users to a project / team area .. the license may be valid, but if you failed to add the users to a project and/or team area they would get this type of message.

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Aug 10 '09, 9:32 p.m.
Check if the login user case is correct. It is case sensitive for user account.

permanent link
Elias Suleiman (11) | answered Apr 23 '13, 5:57 a.m.

Hello,

I faced the same issue, then I figured out that email invitation template converts spaces to (+) and brackets to %28

As a work around, Don't use Spaces in your project name.

In your case, Rename your project from "Quality Manager" to "Quality_Manager" and the link sent in email invitation will work

permanent link
Manoj Tiwari (4684) | answered Jul 22 '09, 6:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

Any suggestions ?

I think perhaps you didn't add the users to a project / team area .. the license may be valid, but if you failed to add the users to a project and/or team area they would get this type of message.

Nope I added in project and team area mention above.
Anyway able to solve this issue.
thanks

permanent link
Chris Howard (21) | answered Jul 22 '09, 11:57 a.m.
I am having the same issue. I have LDAP (MS Active Directory on Windows 2003) configured and working correctly with WAS 7.0.0.3 and RQM 2.0 Beta 2. I have imported my users from Active Directory without any issues. All of my RQM licenses are still valid for the trial period and I've assigned the CALs to my users. I've added all of my users to the Quality Manager project and the team that I setup for Quality Manager. Whenver I try and goto https://localhost:9443/jazz/web/console/Quality%20Manager I get the same message:

You have successfully logged into Jazz Team Server but you are not authorized to access Rational Quality Manager.

Contact your Jazz Team Server Administrator to learn how to get access.

Return to the Log In screen.

permanent link
Ameer AlSayyed (11) | answered Aug 19 '10, 4:25 a.m.
I have installed RQM after enabling the Microsoft Active Directory, and I connected the RQM with IBM DB2.

When running the Jazz Team Server Setup and reach the Setup User Registry step 5.
In the Step 5.1 i have selected Ldap as type of user registry. but i can't add the proper values in the fields to configure the Ldab connection. :(

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.