It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RM login page cannot be displayed

Andrew Clement (7271970) | asked Jul 13 '15, 10:22 a.m.
edited Jul 13 '15, 10:25 a.m.
I am using CLM 5.0.2 and I suddenly cannot access RM. When I access https://localhost:9443/rm, a blank page is displayed. There is no login prompt. What can I do to resolve the issue?

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jul 13 '15, 1:53 p.m.

Hello,

By any chance, are you  blocking pop-ups?

Andrew Clement commented Jul 14 '15, 2:26 a.m.

The pop up is blocked. In the past, there would be a message saying that pop up was blocked. I am getting a blank page at the moment.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered Jul 14 '15, 2:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 14 '15, 2:38 a.m.
According to the info collected
Most Probable Cause:
The configuration file for RM (teamserver.properties) is missing -> RM have empty values for most parameters -> RM gives a blank page at login screen.

Test Probable Cause:
Restore teamserver.properties from backup and then restart RM.
RM login screen should be displayed.

Andrew Clement selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Clement commented Jul 14 '15, 4:46 a.m.

That was the cause. I did not know how teamserver.properties was deleted. After restoring to a previous backup, login screen can be displayed now, thanks.

2 other answers

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered Jul 13 '15, 10:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 13 '15, 10:39 a.m.
Hi Andrew,

First of all, the use of localhost as server name is discouraged as other machines will not be able to access this RM server.
However, if you intend to use this as a standalone server, then this is not an issue.

You mentioned that login page cannot be displayed.
Please confirm that you are getting a blank page and NOT a page showing that "this page cannot be displayed".
"This page cannot be displayed" means that you cannot reach the server via port 9443.
Displaying a blank page means that you have reached the server but for some reason the server cannot give you any contents.

Are CCM/QM/JTS working ok?
Please try to access https://localhost:9443/ccm and https://localhost:9443/qm and https://localhost:9443/jts.
If they are all ok, then this issue is isolated to RM only and I will suggest you to check rm.log for errors.

Comments
Andrew Clement commented Jul 14 '15, 2:30 a.m.

I confirm that a blank page is displayed. CCM/QM/JTS are working ok. I got the following in rm.log

2015-07-14 16:12:29,294 [  Start Level Event Dispatcher]  INFO nternal.app.servlet.util.ServletDispatchingHandler  - CRJZS0315I Servlet Dispatching Enabled
2015-07-14 16:12:29,294 [  Start Level Event Dispatcher]  INFO nternal.app.servlet.util.ServletDispatchingHandler  - CRJZS0318I Servlet Loopback Disabled
2015-07-14 16:12:29,325 [  Start Level Event Dispatcher] ERROR com.ibm.team.jfs.app.ConfigUtil                     - CRJZS0159E For the application context "rm", the file "teamserver.properties" could not be found using the search path "C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer502\server\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\rm\proxytemp\hc_1225148678;C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer502\server\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\rm\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\288\data;C:\IBM\JAZZTE~1\server\conf\rm;C:\IBM\JAZZTE~1\server\conf".

Howard Hsiao commented Jul 14 '15, 2:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer502\server\conf\teamserver.properties file is somehow gone!

Please check C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer502\server\conf and see if there are other teamserver-<nnnnnnnnnnnnn>bakup.properties files.

If you have, then you are lucky as you can restore teamserver.properties file with your latest backup.

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jul 13 '15, 10:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Andrew,

This is likely the result of new functionality introduced in 5.0.2 in an attempt to load the type system more effectively. However, it was found that this actually causes the behavior you are describing as a side effect, so the behavior was enhanced in later iFixes for 5.0.2. I would suggest that you contact Rational Support and install 5.0.2 iFix006 to see if the behavior is improved. 

Hope this helps!
Mike

Comments
Andrew Clement commented Jul 13 '15, 10:42 a.m.

Is there any documentation about this new functionality?

Mike Jaworski commented Jul 13 '15, 10:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not aware of any documentation on this, since it's not technically a new "feature" of the product, but rather just a new way of loading existing type data. You can reference the following work items which describe the evolution of this functionality over 5.0.2 and its respective iFixes:

Kevin Ramer commented Jul 13 '15, 2:53 p.m.

With some projects, RM 5.0.2 ifix6 will repeatedly display a blank window while a dashboard viewlet is being populated.   When visiting RM the login is (unlike all other CLM apps ) a separate window since ifix3.  :-p

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.