It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change CLM-WAS to CLM-Tomcat

Renato Mori (10012330) | asked Dec 05 '14, 2:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
I have a CLM 4.0 version working with WAS 7.0 and I would like to change it to tomcat. It's possible?
What does I need to do? I also want to upgrade the CLM version, so can I make the application server change while I'm upgrading the CLM?
Thanks,
Renato.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Dec 05 '14, 2:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is covered in the product documentation: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_5.0.0/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_migrate_tohmcat_was.html the approach is the same for all applications.
While you can upgrade and migrate in one go, I would suggest to do one step at a time and test it worked successfully.

Comments
Renato Mori commented Dec 06 '14, 10:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ralph,
The link shows me how to change from tomcat to was.. but I have installed on was, but because I didn't have an ldap server, managing users is making me it difficult. So I want to change from was to tomcat. It's is possible? Can I just follow the upgrade (from 4.0 to 5.02) guide like i'm using a tomcat and will install it?
Thanks for your help.

Donald Nong commented Dec 07 '14, 9:27 p.m.

If your main concern is user management and you don't use LDAP servers, then you will have a big task ahead transferring the user information from WAS (custom registry or file based federated registry) to Tomcat. I have not found any documents detailing this operation though - probably because you're moving in the opposite direction as most other users.

Renato Mori commented Dec 09 '14, 4:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Donald,
I think there will be manual task migrating the users. My main concern is that I'm movingĀ  the opposite directon that most users take. I think I will need to manually create the users in the tomcat users file. I'll make some tests and let know if it works.
thanks!

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 10 '14, 2:26 a.m. | edited Dec 10 '14, 2:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

My suggestion would be to set up a test system on Tomcat and Derby. Do a repotools -export users on the original system. Then do an import of the users with repotools.

You should be able to use the resulting tomcat-users.xml for the final system.

Once the server is down, backup and replace the tomcat-users, potentially copy/paste any admin users you newly created during the migration back into the new file.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.