It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use RTC or RDP as a devlopment IDE?

Tony Jiang (111) | asked Jun 30 '15, 2:02 p.m.
Can I use RTC as a development IDE? I perfer to find function declaration by simply click rather than keep grep using command line. But I cannot find a easy way to set up RTC as an IDE. Some of my coworkers are using CDT plugin in RTC and some others use RDP as a IDE. But I don't have any set up manual for them. Can anyone provide me a detailed steps to set up either RTC (using CDT plugin) or RDP? Thank you so much for your time and effort!

One answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered Jun 30 '15, 2:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC ships with an Eclipse based client that is an IDE. Use the Client for Eclipse 3.6.x IDE link from the jazz.net downloads page for the release you are interested in. For instance, here is the link to the 6.0 client Installation Manager repository:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0/RTC-Eclipse-Client-repo-6.0.zip

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

Comments
Tony Jiang commented Jun 30 '15, 2:41 p.m.

Hi Martha, thanks a lot for your reply. But I thinkĀ  I did not say clearly. I have installed RTC on my laptop. But I need a CDT (C and C++ Devleopment tools) plugin for RTC, which one of my coworkers is doing so. But she forgot how she set up this. I think we cannot directly edit code in RTC and deliver the code there, we need some configuration and the CDT plugin, is this right? Thanks for your help!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.