It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Multi-Select List" kind on RTC 4.0 editor presentation is deprecated.. How to fix that?

Claudia Callegari (44449871) | asked Aug 10 '12, 4:37 p.m.
Hi,
In RTC 3.x I had an attribute implemented as a multi-select list (basically a Large String attribute type with a "multi-select list" kind at the presentation level).
I have just migrated my repository from 3.x to 4.x, and I noticed that this "multi-select list" kind at the editor presentation level says it is "deprecated".
I looked at the documentation but it is hard for me to find where it has been documented.
I would like to know the new approach to implement this functionality, so I can apply the appropriate changes to my process template.
Thanks!
--Claudia

3 answers

permanent link
Claudia Callegari (44449871) | answered Aug 10 '12, 6:04 p.m.

The only way I found to solve this, is by defining a new attribute having:

"Type= myEnumeration (Enumeration List)"  --> in the WI attributes

"Kind = Checkbox Enumeration List // Picker Enumeration List" --> at editor presentation level

Is this the correct approach?

--Claudia

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 10 '12, 6:36 p.m.
see this
The new attribute-type enumeration list replaces the multi-list presentation. It contains support for queries and printing.

in this page 4.0 news

Comments
sam detweiler commented Aug 11 '12, 8:43 a.m.

the other thing you cannot change an existing variable type.. once its defined in the database, you are stuck with it. so you can only create a new variable and presentation, and migrate your old data over somehow (export/import for example)

permanent link
Jorge Afonso (645) | answered Jul 23 '13, 3:27 p.m.

What version of RTC does this deprecated Checkbox Multi-Select field become unsupported by IBM?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.