It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

INstalling IBM Rational Doors

Muhammad Yasin (1122) | asked Jun 29 '15, 8:10 a.m.
 Can anyone help me how to install this rational doors ng, I have tried to install different versions, but it only installs rational team concert and there is no sign of rational doors in my computer, :'(

5 answers

permanent link
Kunal N (872862) | answered Jun 29 '15, 8:30 a.m.
edited Jun 29 '15, 8:31 a.m.
 Hi Muhammad,

How are you trying to acces Doors NG and RTC..?  I mean how are you trying to open DOORs NG.

Comments
Muhammad Yasin commented Jun 29 '15, 8:38 a.m.

I downloaded RDoorsng from this link

Installed in 32 bit pc as it was giving issue sin 64 bit.
installed all the packages as it was demanding during installation.
Now I have only an icon of rational team concert in my desktop and i searched a lot but i did not found anything related to rdoors.
when I open rational team concert after a click it says create work area and accept team invitation. 
I am a student of BS and I am doing reasearch on requirement management, I only want to execute a requirement document over this or IBM rational requisite pro, but I am facing issues and my research is stucked here since July 2014, please if you can help me. 

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered Jun 29 '15, 11:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
After installation, you have to start Jazz Team Server and then use any web browser to access https://localhost:9443/jts/setup
If you cannot see the start Jazz Team Server icon, 
you can go to < JazzTeamServerInstallationDir>\server\server.startup.bat

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered Jun 29 '15, 11:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Only RTC has desktop client, hence the icon on desktop.
Doors Next Generation and Quality Manager can only be accessed via web browser.

permanent link
Keith Collyer (456511) | answered Jun 29 '15, 11:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Obvious question first - have you read the installation instructions? If you downloaded the installer, it provides links to installation instructions, which are very comprehensive. Generally, you just need to follow them, making note of a few things like user names and passwords. If you are installing for personal use, that is normally all you need to do. Once you are sure that you have successfully installed, then, as Howard said, you need to ensure that you have started the Jazz Team Server (actually, this is part of the installation instructions, but I repeat it as you need to ensure it is started each time you want to use any if the Jazz tools, including DOORS NG).
Assuming you are running on Windows, you will need normally to start the Jazz Team Server in Administrator mode. It should install a shortcut on the Start menu:
Start -> Programs -> IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management -> Start the Jazz Team Server
Right click on the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator", as in the screenshot
Depending on your operating system and user privileges, you may need to enter your password.
Wait for the terminal window to show something like "server started in NNNNN milliseconds", then you can continue as Howard said.

Comments
Muhammad Yasin commented Jun 30 '15, 7:47 p.m.

I followed all the steps you mentioned, the server run and says server startup in nnnnn ms but still I cannot access localhost:9443/jts/setup, browser says this page is not available. :(

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered Jul 01 '15, 12:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please check if port 9443 in listening state.

To check, run the following
netstat -ano | findstr 9443

If it is not, please check if JTS is running.
To check, run the following
wmic process get Caption,Processid,commandline | findstr java.exe

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.