It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Artifact Templates

Soo Yee Tang (4349) | asked Jun 23 '15, 3:00 a.m.
Hello, does DNG feature the function of templates that can be created and modified by users (adding or deleting associated attributes)?

Comments
Keith Collyer commented Jun 23 '15, 4:33 a.m. | edited Jun 23 '15, 4:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not sure what you mean by the question. DNG certainly allows users to add or delete attributes from artifact types. You can also edit values of attributes for each artifact. Are you asking if you can have templates for modules including artifacts which you can then add or delete attributes? If so, the answer is also yes.
Perhaps you could give an example of what you mean?

Soo Yee Tang commented Jun 23 '15, 10:12 a.m.

I'm sorry for the confusion, what i meant was artifact templates. Let's say I would like to have an artifact template named "non-functional requirements" with the attributes of ID, Name, Origin, Priority, Status, etc. With this template for non-functional requirements, all artifacts labelled non-functional requirements would possess the same attributes as the ones in the template. If DNG support this feature, which user (JazzProjectAdmin, JazzUser) is allowed to edit those attributes?

2 answers

permanent link
Thomas Stephens (17311318) | answered Jun 26 '15, 11:55 a.m.
The user role with permission of "Save Types" can change types and attributes. Each type has a defined set of attributes.
You do not want ALL users to do this, or you will have chaos!
Set a super-user role or Administrator role to manage these.

A 'template" is an artifact you have set up to prepopulate a new artifact with known data, such as an outline. Different topic.
Thomas

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 28 '15, 9:26 p.m.
Check the below documents
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_create_artifact_template.html
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_manage_artifact_templates.html
As noted, you have to be a project administrator to accomplish the task.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.