It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RTC support 2 dependent

Fred Bickford (281532) | asked Jun 17 '15, 4:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC 5.0.2 iFix006

I would like to have a UI presentation that would help limit RTCusers enumerations based on a given parent selection hierarchy

Attribute1
     Attribute 2
        Attribute 3

in this example I can easily create a value set on Attribute1(source attribute) and Attribute2(dependent enumeration), and RTC allows me to create a value set similarly on Attribute 2 and 3 , yet i can seem to base a enumeration list for Attribute 3 based off of 1 and 2's selections

Yet it appears that I cannot effectively have a multi-level value value set or dependencies for more than 2 attributes ?

I have search the forums and havent see any similar inquiries, and wasnt sure if someone has already  posed this as an RFE

I see script based value sets maybe able to work, yet I am looking towards moving to eventually serving up these value sets externally as the parent\child combinations need to change weekly sometimes...

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 18 '15, 3:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Dependent enumerations always only work on one input parameter. You can use script based valuesets to do this to some extent. 

You could try to use http filtered value sets, maybe in combination with JavaScript. I have not tried this and can only help with pointers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.