It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to re-apply a Master SChema on a child Project Area

Pascal Jean (6012440) | asked Apr 16 '14, 5:52 a.m.
Hello,
We are Using RTC 4.0.0.1.
We have a Master SChema applied to several Child Project Area.
Someone update Work Item form on a Child PA.
The update is wrongly done.
The easiest way to solve the issue should be to reapply the Master schema on the Child Area and re-do correctly the updates.
Is it possible?
Note that, the Child PA contains existing Work Items.
So, If the update is possible, what will happen to the existing WI?

Thank you in advance.
Pascal Jean

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 16 '14, 7:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not sure I understand what you are doing. Do you talk about process sharing?

If you share the process of a PA in other PA's, you can not customize the process in that PA, without loosing the sharing. If you would change the sharing PA's process, you would overwrite all sharing effectively.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 16 '14, 1:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, you can undo the child changes by just restoring the initial contents of the Process Configuration Source.  In particular, open the Eclipse project area editor on that child project, select the Process Configuration Source tab, right click in the source pane and select "Show History", in the History view, right click over the initial version of the process configuration source, and select "Open File", copy the contents of the editor buffer, and then replace the contents of the Process Configuration Source with that copied contents.

Comments
Pascal Jean commented Apr 17 '14, 3:11 a.m. | edited Apr 18 '14, 11:00 p.m.

Thanks Geoff for this answer.
It seems quite easy to do.
I just need a latest information. I think that the existing Work Item are not affected.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.