It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integration of RSA 8.0.4 with RTC 3.0.1.2

Anurag Rajput (8011723) | asked Sep 21 '12, 2:24 a.m.
edited Sep 26 '12, 3:09 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 I have installed RSA 8.0.4 and then installed RTC 3.0.1.2 in same Package, but Team artifact view is not visible in RSA (windows>>Show view>>Other>>team>>team Artifacts).
I have used installation manager 1.5.2, Tomcat as  application server and Derby as Database.

Kindly help me with this integration of RSA with RTC

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Anurag Rajput

Accepted answer

permanent link
Siddharth Kaushal (261) | answered Sep 26 '12, 12:39 a.m.
Hi Anurag,

I've installed RSA 8.0.4 and RTC 3.0.1.2 in same package (32-bit) and was able to find the Team Artifacts view.

Steps which I performed -
  • Install RSA 804 32-bit
  • Install RTC 3012 Eclipse IDE in same package
  • Bring up RSA
  • Open Jazz Administration Perspective or Work Items perspective

Result - Team Artifacts view is automatically available as one of the views, in left had side pane

NOTE - As you pointed out I couldn't see the Team Artifacts view (in show view) until I open any Jazz related perspective.

Regards,
Siddharth

Anurag Rajput selected this answer as the correct answer

4 other answers

permanent link
Petter von Dolwitz (561812) | answered Sep 21 '12, 3:09 a.m.
 Hi,

I think I had to modify the capabilities setting to make it work for me. Go to Preferences/Genereral/Capabilities and ensure that the "Team" capability is fully selected (you can examine it by selecting the Team capability and click the "Advanced..."-button).

Hope this helps,
Petter

Comments
Anurag Rajput commented Sep 21 '12, 3:27 a.m.

Hi Petter, I have done the steps what you said but in team view only History and Synchronize is visible.But Team artifact is not visible.

Regards, Anurag Rajput

Petter von Dolwitz commented Sep 21 '12, 3:37 a.m.

Have you established a connection with the repository through the view Jazz SVN Connections?

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 21 '12, 3:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I opened the WorkItem Perspective (show all) and was asked it I wanted to enable the SCM capability as well, which I accepted. All seems to be working for me now (8.0.2 unfortunately).

Anurag Rajput commented Sep 21 '12, 4:55 a.m.

Hey Ralph,

Even Workitem Perspective is not their in windows >> Open perspective >> Others

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 21 '12, 4:59 a.m.

There is a checkbox "Show All" you have to check to see it.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 21 '12, 3:39 a.m.
edited Sep 21 '12, 3:39 a.m.
Hi,

there have been similar questions in the forum. Please look through this search

https://jazz.net/search_results.jsp?q=8.0.4#page=0&type=type%3DDocument-ForumThread&q=8.0.4

Especially
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/76594/which-rtc-should-i-install-on-top-of-64-bit-rad-804
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/74673/rsa-804-with-rtc-on-windows-7-machine

I have browsed the answers and this seems to be a mixed bag. Some seem to imply it should work, some see issues with 64 bit. So I can't really tell.

I just installed 3.0.1.2 into RSA 8.0.2 (32 bit) using the web installer and it worked. So I would assume it should work for 8.0.4 as well.

Maybe someone else

Comments
Anurag Rajput commented Sep 21 '12, 5:01 a.m.

Even i have installed RTC into RSA (32 bit) in same package...the only difference is it's 8.0.4

permanent link
Sandeep Katoch (622) | answered Sep 24 '12, 10:46 a.m.
Hi Anurag,

Have you tried checking this as mentioned on the other thread:

Window -> preferences -> General -> capabilities -> Team -> Advanced (Button) -> Jazz Source Control (Check-box)

Note that you have go to Advanced button to enable the Jazz Source Control check box.

After this you should be able to select Work Items perspective from Perspectives menu.

regards
Sandeep

permanent link
Anurag Rajput (8011723) | answered Sep 25 '12, 12:26 a.m.
 Hi ,
 I integrated RTC 4.0 with RSA 8.0.4,its working properly and the issue of team Artifacts is solved.

Thanks to all for their help 

Regards,
Anurag Rajput

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 25 '12, 2:35 a.m.

Please accept the answer that helped you, or provide the solution for your issue as an answer and accept that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.