It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I find a "phantom" consumer key ?

Bruno Di Giandomenico (501124) | asked Jun 09 '15, 3:36 a.m.
edited Jun 09 '15, 7:22 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

Hello,

I have uploaded a Rhapsody model into Design Manager and I am now trying to link it to DOORS (traditional).

In parallel I am trying to install JRS talking to the support because there are some problems.

As a result of the suggested changes, I have some problems now with my Rhapsody model. There were a couple of requirements linked to DOORS and now Rhapsody tells me that I should login into DOORS, but that I cannot do it because I recevive this message "Unable to access remote OSLC server, "DOORS ERS Repository  (https://xxxxxxxxx:8443/dwa/public/rootservices)".
Consumer Key: 58e4dfa0-3c55-4fbd-a827-2a2cfc9c2b07.
The consumer key needs to be authorized by an administrator on the remote server.)

I have tried to find the consumer key in all the apps of RTC (DM, JTS, QM, RM & VVC) and I cannot find it anywhere.

Is there a way to track it down ?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 09 '15, 3:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 09 '15, 3:45 a.m.
The link goes to DWA (Doors web?) I would start there. In the Jazz Applications there are two places the Friends and the consumers. Friends go out and consumers come in. Start there - I am not sure DWA has the same Admin UI.

Comments
Bruno Di Giandomenico commented Jun 09 '15, 3:57 a.m.

Thanks for the answer

I have tried what you suggest, but with no luck. I only have two keys there, one in the Local Keys for the DM outbound and one for the Remote Services for the JTS inbound.
Nothing more.
I have tried to authorise the key from the Local Keys (it does not make sense to authorise it from the Remote Services, it seems a loop) with no luck.
That is why I thought there must have something left in RTC somewhere

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 09 '15, 4:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't know where the link is used. In the model? In RTC the links are in the Consumers and in Friends.

Sorry, I can't help more.

Bruno Di Giandomenico commented Jun 09 '15, 8:53 a.m.

I also tried to delete any links in the model, and it still tells me the same things, whenever I tried to crete a New Remote Link from an artifact in Rhapsody.

Does that help ?

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jun 10 '15, 2:05 a.m.
A couple of things to check.
1. Did the Rhapsody OSLC-RM integration work before?
2. Has the link been accidentally remove from the Friends(Outbound) section of /dm/admin?
3. If you cannot see the consumer key, can you see the name or the URL at all (i.e. with a different consumer key).
The bottom line is that if you have Rhapsody OSLC-RM integration in place, you should see the link in the Friends(Outbound) section. You may have done it already, but you can check out the below demo video, and from (0:40) it shows how to create the Rhapsody friend.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Wecb8ab5c4be5_4a1e_a0d0_e5a706eb66dc/page/Rhapsody%20OSLC-RM%20Integration

Comments
Bruno Di Giandomenico commented Jun 11 '15, 2:12 a.m.

Sorry I was traveling yesterday.

As answers to your questions:
  1. Yes it did. I am trying to solve another problem with the JRS installation about which I opened a PMR, and the suggestions I get from the helpdesk are causing havoc with some other applications, namely DM, which apparently breaks.
  2. As a result of the activities for the solution of the PMR I might have accidentally removed a key.
  3. Do not completely understand what you mean. I see the name of the friend (as per initial question) in Rhapsody and the key code, but I cannot find it in any RTC applications. Does it help ? 
I am going to look at the video now and see if it can help. Hope so !

Bruno Di Giandomenico commented Jun 11 '15, 9:40 a.m.

A little snag. The video is about Doors NEXT Generation, I have the problem with the traditional DOORS, not RM, and they are not the same. There is a different UI in DOORS 9.6, with some different meaning (Remote services & Local Keys) even if the underlying concept is the same, I suppose.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.