It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Have you seen this error? The Lifecycle Project Administration application has not been initialized.

Andrés Rodríguez (1826) | asked May 27 '15, 10:49 a.m.
Hi team.

I installed a CLM 5.0.2 on a Linux box. The installation and setup process run just fine and I could access RM, CCM, QM and LPA. I was using WebSphere Application Server as the user repository.

After that I have changed the user repository to LDAP and then I start to test access to the applications. Everything was fine again till I tried to access Lifecycle Project Administration (LPA). I received this error message.

Error: 
The Lifecycle Project Administration application has not been initialized. Please register the application with a Jazz Team Server.

I run the setup wizard again and in the last step "Finalize Lifecycle Project Administration Setup" it shows a box with the word Loading and it does nothing.

jts.log has no error messages and I don't know what else to check.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you all in advance.

Andrés

Comments
Don Yang commented May 27 '15, 9:24 p.m. | edited May 27 '15, 9:42 p.m.

can you check with jts' teamserver.properties file and see if the below entries are there or not:

com.ibm.team.lpa.storage.area.label
com.ibm.team.lpa.storage.area.name

Andrés Rodríguez commented May 28 '15, 10:41 a.m.

Hi Don.

I've checked my teamserver.properties file and I can't find that entries. I don't have any entry starting with com.ibm.team.lpa...

Don Yang commented May 28 '15, 7:19 p.m.

Before you moved to LDAP, are you sure LPA worked fine? Is there anything else done between the working and not-working situation other than LDAP change?
If lpa works, there should be entries in teamserver.properties(jts) like:
com.ibm.team.lpa.storage.area.label=Jazz Lifecycle Project Administration
com.ibm.team.lpa.storage.area.name=com.ibm.team.lpa.xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
Since it worked before, can you please check with the backup teamserver.properties file and see if you can find the two entries. if yes, you can try to copy over the two entries to the current teamserver.properties file and then restart the WAS service(better to clean the cache first before restart).

If that is not working or no entries, you may run jts/admin's Diagnostic and see if there is any error found and engage Rational Client support for further investigation as it does not seem to be like a simple problem then.

Andrés Rodríguez commented May 28 '15, 10:56 p.m.

hi Don. I already did that, I checked all the backup teamserver.properties files (have a bunch of them) and any of them have that kind of entries. So I'm really clueless. The only thing I know for sure is that I have a screenshot of that step of the setup wizard showing the finalize lifecycle project administration with the three green checks.

I opened a PMR so I am going to update this entry when I have a solution in case someone else have this issue.

Any additional suggestions?

Don Yang commented May 28 '15, 11:48 p.m.

If the lpa configuration is really existing in the DB, support engineer may be able to help to find out storage area key so that you can manually add com.ibm.team.lpa.storage.area.name=com.ibm.team.lpa.xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
and com.ibm.team.lpa.storage.area.label=Jazz Lifecycle Project Administration
and then restart WAS service to make it work.

Andrés Rodríguez commented May 29 '15, 7:42 p.m.

I tried using the setup wizard trough the commando line. It doesn't hang but throw an error inmediately. Sadly it's a very generic message.

Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceException: CRJAZ1247E The request to the server failed.  The server returned the HTTP error 500 with this error text: Internal Server Error.

Will be posting any update.

Martha (Ruby) Andrews commented Jun 01 '15, 1:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are there any errors in the JTS log after running the wizard from the command line?

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

One answer

permanent link
Andrés Rodríguez (1826) | answered Jun 23 '15, 7:06 p.m.
It's been almost a month, I have this issue resolved. I don't get exactly what happened, but it certainly has to do with the change of user.

1. I uninstalled the products and drop the database tables, so the new installation was going to be as clean as possible. I repeated all the steps I did the first time, I thought that the problem was that I changed the user that run the setup wizard in the first place, but after executing all the installation steps I run into the same situation.

2. I entered in a cycle of installation and reinstallation trying to get what was going on. I opened a PMR hoping IBM support could help, but they didn't find anything wrong in my configuration that could be causing this error.

3. I installed a DB2 database for test purposes. With the DB2 database everything worked like a charm. Sadly I couldn't use DB2 on production because of database policies that require the use of Oracle in production environment. But at least I could see the applications working for a while, there was something missing in my Oracle configuration I thought.

4. Run a new installation. I reviewed every database setting suggested in the product documentation. The error persisted. When I was losing my mind, one of my teammates run an scenario that eventually worked. Instead of registering all three applications with the setup wizard in the same setup process, he started registering just JTS without any other application. The setup wizard run flawless. After that he registered one application at a time. First CCM, then QM, then RM. And it worked.

The user used at the end was a WAS user, so to not risk anything I configured LDAP as part of the Federated repositories of WAS. Right now we have this configuration running and although I don't understand why this happened I guess the good part is that it worked at last.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.