It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User unable to perform same functions with same role in different project area

Shuchita Tripathi (31436395) | asked May 20 '15, 10:04 a.m.
Hi,
We have parent child relationship in our environment. All permission changes are done in parent project. 'Final' option is checked in parent project.

A user with same role is able to create work item in one project and is not able to create (permission denied) in another project area?

What can be the reason for this?

Deployment Item can be saved in one project area.

Deployment Item cannot be saved in another project area

Same role assigned for both projects:

Assigned role has permission to create deployment item. Screenshot of parent project.

Both project has the same process sharing

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented May 20 '15, 10:55 a.m.

Even when the Final option is checked, I see that few Roles permission can be modified and few roles are greyed out.

Why few roles can be modified? This is the reason for this issue.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered May 20 '15, 9:17 p.m.
For the Permission setting, "Final" can only be checked by a specific action for a role. There's no "Final" setting for all actions.
If you want to inherit Permissions setting from master project area, the best way is removing all the configuration from child project areas.
Shuchita Tripathi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented May 21 '15, 6:17 a.m. | edited May 21 '15, 7:05 a.m.

Hi Lily,

Thank you for your reply.

Final was checked only for few actions (by chance the ones which I checked) and not for others. And somehow, permission changes were made in the child project.
I have now selected Final for each and every action.

Please convert your comment to Answer so that I can accept it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.