It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem getting RTC email configuration working

Gary Day (18914) | asked Jul 03 '14, 8:50 a.m.

We are trying to get email configuration set up. We have edited the relevant fields but a test email gets a Could not connect to SMTP host, port:25 Permission denied: connect error.

We have opened relevant port on our IRONPORT system and Firewall but still no mails get through. Our server engineer said McAfee has a setting (from our IT Security dept) to block transmission on port 25 to stop mass emailing worms, BUT exceptions can be added for a specific .exe from the RTC server for this communication.

Does anybody know which .exe RTC uses for the sending emails task?

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jul 03 '14, 9:02 a.m.

Beginning with v3, the JTS handles the e-mail chores.  So the exe will likely be java, as far as I'm aware all activity on the RTC server is within that java process and its threads ( i.e. no calls to other executables )

One answer

permanent link
Gary Day (18914) | answered Jul 03 '14, 10:20 a.m.
Do you mean the java add-in to IE (because I have no java process running on the RTC server (it is a simple test config with everything on the same box)?

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jul 03 '14, 10:47 a.m.

One can deploy into one of two application servers: WebSphere or Tomcat.  Both use a Java Runtime so the process list on the server should show Java.  (At least it does on a unix server )

Another thought I had: In the past our corporation blocked outbound mail when the sender did not have a "valid" domain.  I.e the sender address would have some host only known within the corporate intranet.   Our solution was a fake sender with an acceptable domain.
Example ( in the [hopefully] fictional corporation Bizzurd Enterprises )
   jazz@my-rtc.bizzurd.com  -- my-rtc.bizzurd.com cannot be found from the 'extranet'
but
  jazz@mail.bizzurd.com  -- mail.bizzurd.com can be found from the 'extranet'

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.